More random python observations from a perl programmer

Dave dave at see.sig.for.address
Fri Aug 20 13:20:55 EDT 1999

On 19 Aug 1999 08:22:49 -0700, Tom Christiansen <tchrist at mox.perl.com>
wrote:

>Per your collective requests, here is one of the documents
>with my collective observations from learning Python.
>
>This article was posted to the Perl newsgroup, but I have duplicated
>the posting here without crossposting to avoid flame wars.
>
>--tom
[long and interesting (if occasionally biased and out of date)
comparison snipped]

An interesting post (along with the previous one), and one I would
have found useful a couple of years ago when I moved from perl to
python. Some of the gotchas are ones that I fell prey to before I got
into the python way of thinking.

It would be an interesting exercise to write a companion document for
someone going from python to perl, and would be of some use to the
(admitedly far fewer) programmers making that transition. Any takers?

	Dave K
N.B. please dont cc any replies to me, since I read the NG regularly
All great ideas start as heresy and end as dogma.

dkirby@   <-figure this out, spambots!
bigfoot.   My opinions are my own,
com        but I'm willing to share.