pyKDE

Jeremy jeremy at exit109.com
Tue Aug 24 17:10:21 EDT 1999

A.M. Kuchling <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:03:18 GMT, Jeremy <jeremy at exit109.com> wrote:
>
>> Is anyone using pyKDE?  I'm trying to get it to work.  It compiled
>> fine, but actually trying to use it, even just 'import kde', results
>> in:  /usr/local/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload/libkdecmodule.so: symbol
>> className__C10QImageDrag: referenced symbol not found
>
> Where are Qt and KDE installed?  Can Solaris find the relevant shared
> libraries?  Try setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to
> /opt/kde/lib, or wherever you've installed KDE.

Yeah, all that is correct; the KDE libs are in /usr/local/kde/lib, which
is in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and the Qt libs are at /usr/local/qt/lib, but
symlinked into /usr/local/lib, which is in the library path too.

Further investigation reveals that libkdecmodule.so isn't loading up the
Qt or KDE libraries, or any libraries at all.  It's not failing, it's
just not even trying.  The link flags look okay during the compile (I
compiled it again and played with it a little).  I haven't figured out
what exactly is wrong, but I'll have to spend some more time with it,
I guess...

Jeremy  |  jeremy at exit109.com
"You've never seen the British Parliament in action, have you?
 You ought to.  It's very similar to Usenet."    --Tim Thorne