Newbie Needs Direction

Syniq crdempsey at uswest.net
Thu Aug 26 23:24:36 EDT 1999

David:

For free info--www.python.org

For something you can carry around with you, I would suggest the good old
O'Reilly books:

Python Pocket Reference---for old hands at programming (C/C++)
Programming Python--for those who know a thing or two about programming,
but not much
Learning Python--for those who don't know a thing about programming

I fall into the second group, but I own all three books and find each
useful in its own way.  If you do order them, be sure to check for a link
from python.org--not only do you get your books, but it helps out python!

Cody aka Syniq
crdempsey at uswest.net