[Tutor] I want to learn to hack

HellPhyre at iname.com HellPhyre at iname.com
Mon Aug 2 12:54:41 EDT 1999

> Some time back, I published a page called "How To Become A Hacker"
> <URL:http://earthspace.net/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html">.  As a result,
> I get a couple dozen semi-illiterate email notes a week from teenagers
> wanting me to teach them everything I know.  Instantly.

Well, I have been a hacker for a good 7-8 years now, and I never quite found
any text that quite caught the essance of hacking quite like that.  After
reading it, I have started reading up on Python.  I can already program in
C, Assmebly, Basic, and (gasp) Pascal.  Anyway I'm just trailing off.  I
wrote a text file a while back, and made the mistake of putting an e-mail
address on it.  From that point on I got 50+ e-mails a day.  It got bad
enough that I finally just deleted the e-mail account and started a new
one.  It seems that some newbies just don't know how to do anything on their
own; which defeats the entire purpose of hacking.