RFI: What changes in Python 1.6

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Fri Aug 27 23:39:15 EDT 1999

    John> Would someone with access to Python 1.6 working sources like to
    John> summarise changes from Python 1.5.2 for me and others that might
    John> be interested?

You can grab the latest source from the CVS repository.  Check the Python
website.  Functionally, I believe string objects will get methods, mostly
dispensing with the need for a separate string module.  Thanks to Barry
Warsaw, that code is in the CVS tree now.  You can experiment with them if
you pull out the string_methods branch of the tree.

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...