More random python observations from a perl programmer

Tom Christiansen tchrist at mox.perl.com
Fri Aug 20 09:28:04 EDT 1999

     [courtesy cc of this posting mailed to cited author]

In comp.lang.python,
    Alex Maranda <amaranda at spider.com> writes:
:> >     So much for being typeless. Sigh.
:Tom, you might have done reasonably well the rest of your Python
:homework, but that is a very dumb statement. Tcl is typeless. Python is
:rather strongly typed and proud with that.

I'm just reporting what I've read.  I wasn't aware that Mark Lutz was
considered a spreader of fictions.  I'd swear his book used that phrase
a lot.  I agree that dynamically typed is more sensible a term.

--tom
--
Perle, plesaunte to prynces paye/ To clanly clos in golde so clere,
Oute of oryent, I hardyly saye/ Ne proued I neuer her precios pere.