stuck on COM interface to Word

Jim Kerr jbkerr at sr.hp.com
Mon Aug 2 16:52:37 EDT 1999

  I'm trying to write a python script to extract some properties from a set
of Word documents. The attributes I'm interested in are things like author's
name, last print date, keywords, etc.

  This is what I have so far:

from win32com.client import constants,Dispatch
import string,os

app = Dispatch('Word.Application.8')
app.Documents.Open(r"C:\My Documents\myMemo.doc")
doc = app.ActiveDocument
print "Last printed date: ",  # ?? what goes here ??

  I tried using combrowse.py to figure out what the properties of the doc are,
but I couldn't find anything that looked relevant.

  Is there any web-based info on COM interfaces to various programs? Or do you
have to buy Visual Basic books and translate for yourself?

  Thanks for the help!

						Jim
--
Jim Kerr