More random python observations from a perl programmer

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Aug 20 08:56:42 EDT 1999

Tom Christiansen <tchrist at mox.perl.com> wrote:
> Don't you understand your gain?  How dare you punch a gifthorse in the
> mouth--repeatedly?  If these petty slams and disdainful arrogances are the
> kind of response typical of your community, this bodes not well for you.

as one of the more prolific posters on this list/group, and
one who reads lots of other python lists, and speaks to many
python newbies both via mail and in person, I can assure you
that you are not behaving like the typical Python newcomer
in any fashion whatsoever.  it's okay to be different, but the
"I'm better, and you folks are not really worthy" stuff won't
get you nowhere.  face it: you're not, and we are.  calming
down a little may help you realise that.

on the other hand, since I don't know you in person, and
since the followups I quoted in an earlier post (as well as
the mails I recently found in my mailbox) didn't match the
positive tone and the content of your original post, I can
only hope that it's someone else who has hijacked your
computer.

> The more the pissier, you know.  I'll try to keep that in mind as I continue
> to attempt to sift through this dreck to find the gems.

good luck!

</F>