Returning none

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Fri Aug 27 17:50:25 EDT 1999

Skip Montanaro wrote:

> How about a compromise?  Perhaps Aaron Watters' PyLint can be modified to
> bitch about functions without a return as the last statement?

I would accept this type of compromise if Python had a way of
integrating "lint" into the edit/compile/run cycle. Most developers
don't remember to "pylint" six modules just because they changed each of
them in the last hour.

A lint "hook" might be enough to allow the Python community to get
started implementing cool warning types. But I haven't thought that
true...

 Pau Prescod