Python microthreads

Will Ware wware-nospam at world.std.com
Fri Aug 13 15:42:25 EDT 1999

I have slightly improved my microthreads package.
It now has a web page:

    http://world.std.com/~wware/uthread.html

As before, the ftp download location is:

    ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/wware/uthread.tgz

The new version defines new microthread-safe versions of
a queue and a random number generator. It also removes
the hard-coded limit on the size of frame stacks, which
are now linked lists.

I have made very modest progress toward a merge with
Stackless Python. My microthread effort will become
obsolete in not too many months as Christian makes more
progress, so I'm planning to invest more of my time in
tinkering with applications.