Why do we call python a scripting language?

Factory faqtori at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 00:27:40 EDT 1999

In article <37c726c4.2148316 at news.netset.com>, someone at someplace.com
says...
> On 27 Aug 1999 12:59:18 GMT, fredp at multimania.com.nospam (Fred
> Pacquier) wrote:
> But what I find most interesting is that I havent seen much evidence
> that any one uses it.  Is any one using freeze or some derivative or
> work alike?  Most things I find are written for users of python, and
> are just distributed as source.

  Well I am going to be writing a game that uses python embedded in an
executable, it'll just launch a python script and use that as the main
program, the low-level stuff will be done in C/C++/asm. The actual script
will be hidden from the user and the python interpreter will be
statically linked to the .exe.
  The main annoyance is that the python code is so large, too much crap
is in the main .dll (erm, speaking of the windows version) that won't get
used in my game, from about 500k, I reckon I should be able to get it
down to 200k at least, with packing 100..

  - Factory