running python on a floppy?

Cliff, or a close facsimile cjc26 at nospam.cornell.edu
Tue Aug 31 23:09:52 EDT 1999

Pada Tue, 31 Aug 1999 06:23:54 GMT, William Tanksley bilang:
| I had understood that the click of death was a har4dware problem in the
| earlier drives, not on the disks themselves.

It can either be caused by a bad disk physically destroying the drive
mechanism, or by a drive going out of alignment or whatever and writing bad
data all over the disk.  In the second case, you can often reformat the
disk and at least reuse it, but there's no way to recover what was on it
before.

| At any rate, if you're
| comparinng Zip disks to floppies, Zips win -- most floppies I've put
| semi-important information on have failed, one just today barely half a
| minute after I placed the info on it.
|
| I've never had a Zip fail me, ever.

Well lucky you :)
Btw, I've never had a floppy fail on me, ever.

of-course-a-shell-account-with-no-quota-is-the-best-option-of-all-ly yr's, Cliff

--
cliff crawford   http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
            There are more stars in the sky than there are