Python GUI

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Wed Aug 11 04:00:31 EDT 1999

Phil Hunt <philh at vision25.demon.co.uk> wrote:
[snip]
> I am intending to do something like this. For example:

>    sub.font = "Helvetica"

> would mean: all components under the current component default to
> using the Helvetica font.

You may want to look at Digital Creation's acquisition for this. I saw
it mentioned once that this might be useful for GUI's too. It's used
all over Zope and in Zope it's very powerful.

A page on acquisition:

http://www.digicool.com/releases/ExtensionClass/Acquisition.html

> Similarly:

Actually this is quite different from the previous example. You wouldn't
use acquisition for this one, I think. :)

>    all.button.bcol = "111133"

> would make the background colour of all buttons default to dark blue.

Regards,

Martijn