Kudos to documentors: (popen2)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Thu Aug 19 12:00:15 EDT 1999

Robb Shecter writes:
 > - it should take a look at what Javadoc and Python's doc system do
 > right, and do it better.  Ie: starting with semantic markup, not just
 > formatting markup.

Robb,
  If by "Python's doc system" you are referring to the markup/tools
used for the standard Python documentation, I'd like to point out that
although the markup language is implemented in LaTeX, it is based on
language semantics and not on presentation.  There are glitches, and
some islands of old markup remain, but those are being rooted out and
brought up to date.
  And I'm always willing to entertain suggestions for improvements!
Just send mail to python-docs at python.org to report bugs, or join the
documentation SIG (see http://www.python.org/sigs/doc-sig/) to discuss
structural improvements.

  -Fred