hidden fields in HTML forms

Rick Robino see-sig at wavedivision.com
Mon Aug 2 16:06:18 EDT 1999

Greetings,

Could anyone point me in the right direction of finding a cgi class
that catches hidden fields sent to it from an HTML form? cgi.py doesn't
recognize them; HTMLgen does define an input class which includes
hidden fields which it can create but that won't help much in parsing
already created form output except for deriving my own class.

Being lazy, and new to python, I thought I would check to see if there
was already a hidden-type class or something that I missed among
common modules. In trying to learn python, my first project has been
to create a very generic cgi mailform (like the popular perl one), and
hidden fields would be very helpful in abstracting the cgi details.

Any tips, criticism, pointers, advice are all welcome. Oh yeah, I do
know about Zope but I'm trying to make this a standalone improvement
on the perl version of mailform.

TIA,

--Rick
Rick Robino                                  mailto:rrobino at wavedivision.com