MSDOS window

chinaski_py at my-deja.com chinaski_py at my-deja.com
Thu Aug 26 01:55:38 EDT 1999

In article <7q2brn$u7h$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
  henry299 at my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi, i'm new at this. I just downloaded version
> 1.5.2 for windows 95. When i double click on a
> program in the windows explorer, (example.py
> which is  print "This is some example text") an
> MS-DOS window opens and the text is displayed,
> but the window closes by itself in less than a
> second. Am i doing something wrong, and is there
> a way to keep the popup window open? Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Matt
                          I'm a newbie too but It's not you ,it just
does that.It opens,executes and exits.If you want to use the DOS
prompt,you need to import the file.When the prompt opens, just type:
                    import example (or other filename)
Don't put the .py at the end of example, it will error and tell you that
there is no module(file) named py.Another way to open it is through IDLE
or PythonWin(having Windows also, this is a little more familiar
ground)If you don't have PythonWin, get it at Python.org(Win32all
build125).If your new to programming or just Python, feel free to email
me at   strat_addict at yahoo.com   A few other folks and I (all newbies)
correspond to each other to help each other out.
                                 Good Luck,
                                       G.Norton

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/