PIGgies?

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Thu Aug 19 11:17:42 EDT 1999

Hello, All--

Jeff Bauer wrote:

> > Am I the only Python enthusiast that has a problem
> > with the term "PIGgies"?
>
> The age of high brow Seriousness is over.  We find
> cow sculptures invading Chicago -- even on the ledge
> of the opera house.

The invading cows are delightful.  To view an excellent website
dedicated to them, visit:

	http://www.illyria.com/chicowgo.html

(Those of you with a serious interest in the Vietnam war may find the
base site enlightening:

	http://www.illyria.com
)

> Computer languages used to have meaningful, formidable
> names in UPPERCASE:  FORTRAN, ALGOL, PL/I.  Now we
> have Python -- named after practitioners of the most
> irreverent form of satire since Lenny Bruce.

WHO WOULD READ A BOOK ABOUT FORTRAN WRITTEN IN ALL UPPERCASE?

> The age of low brow Whimsicality is upon us.  I see
> signs and portends in the distance.
>
> PIGgies take their sense of humor seriously.  Don't mess
> with them unless you want a pie in your face.  ;-)
>
> -Jeff Bauer
>
> P.S. Vote "Silly Party"!

<if-you-meet-the-buddha-on-the-road-kill-him>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70