lambda fun: infinite streams

Alexander Williams thantos at brimstone.mecha
Sat Aug 7 04:53:42 EDT 1999

On Fri, 06 Aug 1999 20:53:21 -0700, Joe Bowbeer <joeb at go2net.com> wrote:
>I was doing a little investigating with Python's lambda expressions and
>it looks like they are indeed powerful enough to create some of my
>favorite beasts: infinitely long streams [*].

Its good to see other Scheme/Fnctional-language freaks hanging around
with the Python folks, especially those with copies of SICP.

Now, if only Python had lazy evaluation and Streams as first-class
entities, my life would be complete.  My life would be decently
complete anyway if map() worked on your infinite streams as stands.
;)

--
Alexander Williams (thantos at gw.total-web.net)
"In the end ... Oblivion Always Wins."