Python equivilent of pack()?

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Tue Aug 24 16:38:04 EDT 1999

    Ben> I think it must not be too uncommon for folks to miss out on the
    Ben> fact that there's a function index to the library
    Ben> reference. Perhaps there should be a big fat bold link to it at
    Ben> both the top and bottom of the page.

    Ben> It would also be a good idea to use better icons than 'toc' 'm' and
    Ben> 'i' at the top of the page; I know I completely overlooked them
    Ben> until just now because they weren't very noticeable.

In fact, the Module Index is much more useful than the contents of the lib
ref manual once you're fairly well settled in.  I used to generate an index
myself before Fred started doing it (it was a pain to keep up with the TOC
format changes!).  Now I simply link to

    http://www.python.org/doc/lib/modindex.html

from my private home page and skip the lib manual's front page entirely.
Most everything I need is no more than two or three clicks away.

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...