More random python observations from a perl programmer

bowman bowman at montana.com
Sun Aug 22 13:52:13 EDT 1999

Alexander Staubo wrote:

> Your tool isn't everybody else's tool. Personally I don't even know what
> "apropos" is. Even if I made an effort at using it, it doubt it would
> make _my_ workday any easier;

'apropos' is the tool that saves man's bacon. You're sitting there
trying to find some info on a widget, but you can't remember if it is
'button', pushbutton', 'Button', 'XmpushButton', 'XmPushButton',
'TkButton'  blah, blah, blah, so you type

apropos button

It also solves the problem of 'foo' having entries in man 1, man 3, man
n.

If you have to use the antiquated, deprecated,
no-longer-supported-see-Info, man pages, it is an invaluable tool.

--
Bear Technology  Making Montana safe for Grizzlies

http://people.montana.com/~bowman/