Fnorb & Tkinter on Win NT, how?

stefan_heinzmann at my-deja.com stefan_heinzmann at my-deja.com
Tue Aug 17 08:05:32 EDT 1999

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to use Fnorb 1.01 and Tkinter (Python 1.5.2)
together in a mix-mode client (i.e. client with callbacks) on Win NT
4.0 SP4.

The Fnorb User's Guide says that the two event loops from Fnorb and
Tkinter must be combined to support this. That's why there is a
TkReactor module in the ZIP file, but it doesn't seem to work properly
and the Fnorb User's Guide says it is Unix only.

So has anybody out there made it work on Win platforms? Can't be too
difficult, can it?

BTW, is the Fnorb mailing list dead? I get no reaction and the archives
on the web site are rather stale...

Cheers

Stefan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/