[ANNOUNCE] M2Crypto 0.01

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at madcap.dyn.ml.org
Sat Aug 21 13:43:34 EDT 1999

<sheepish>
Ahem, I was fiddling with my newsreader when I posted this,
and I thought the posting didn't make it out. Since it did,
and I tried multiple times, I think there will be multiple
announcements.
</sheepish>

According to M.-A. Lemburg <mal at lemburg.com>:
> Ng Pheng Siong wrote:
> > I am pleased to announce the release of M2Crypto 0.01;
> > the package is available at http://www.post1.com/home/ngps
>
> Could you please tell me where that server is located and whether
> it is legal to download the software from Germany ?

The server is located in Singapore. AFAIK, there is no law against
export of cryptography from Singapore.

> Anyway, mxCrypto development will continue to eventually include
> most APIs of OpenSSL.

Hey, there are umpteen Java crypto libraries. Python can live with
three or five. ;-)

Cheers.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at post1.com>