Where can I find info on IDispatchEx()

e.e.sutton at cummins.com e.e.sutton at cummins.com
Mon Dec 13 11:30:42 EST 1999

Thank you very much for your response.

> > Where can I find info on IDispatchEx()?  I am not having much luck
on MSDN.

> It's in MSDN (the version that came with VC++6) under
> "Internet tools: platform SDK"; not in the Contents, but
> easy to find under Index or Search.

> > I want to write a COM object that can dynamically create interface
> > methods which appear as "properties" to a VB script user.
>
> You can do that with plain old IDispatch.  With Microsoft's
> ScriptControl, you can load scripts into any ActiveScripting
> compatible language (Python should qualify), ask for the
> CodeObject of a module, and it should have the dynamic
> qualities you require.

I am aware that you could do this with scripting languages.  However, I
wanted to know how it was implemented. Mainly curious at this point but
I may have some practical applications as well. IDispatchEx() is
apparently the way it is done.

If you are interested, I found an interestimg article titled
"Dynamic Object Composition Using IDispatchEx"

http://www.microsoft.com/mind/1099/dynamicobject/dynamicobject.htm

> Actually, what appear as properties are variables, as in
> the example you quote:
>
> > objPerl.EvalScript '$greet = 'Hello, world.\n';"
>
> See?  "$greet" is a _variable_...

Sure. But to VB developers it is a property. Even though I'm not a VB
developer I try to use their language since they seem to be the
majority these days. It is getting harder to find COM examples in C++
anymore and you have to understand VB just so you can figure out how to
do it C++.

Thanks again for your help!

-Ed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/