some random reflections of a "Python newbie": (1) books, and free sites

Andres Corrada andres at corrada.com
Thu Dec 9 05:57:47 EST 1999

Alex Martelli wrote:

> 2. apparently, no free webspace providers support
>     Python scripting
>
> I asked about it here the other day, got zero
> answers, and meanwhile diligently combed the
> net looking for one.  No such luck.  If one wants
> to write _Perl_ scripts, fine -- it takes some
> looking, but one can find half a dozen providers
> that will let you do it, some even without imposing
> their ads on your pages.  I've asked each and
> every one of them if they would consider adding
> Python too -- apparently, none is interested.

I'm currently building a free web hosting site for a client that will
include support for Python (as well as Perl). In fact, the site is being
built with Zope with a heavy Python back-end. This doesn't help on the
short run but by January the site will be made public. I'll post the
opening of the site to the list at the appropriate time.

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel   Email: andres at corrada.com
Owner                     http://www.corrada.com/mamey
Mamey                     Phone: (413) 587-9595