The Don Beaudry/Jim Fulton hack

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Thu Dec 30 12:49:14 EST 1999

    Dave> Now I'm trying to get MESS to compile and have run into a couple of
    Dave> seemingly insurmountable obstacles: parts of the Python API used to
    Dave> implement MESS seem to be missing (?!). They are:
    Dave>   PyAccess_Check
    Dave>   PyAccess_AsValue
    Dave>   PyAccess_SetValue
    Dave>   PyAccess_SetOwner

Whoa!  You're messing around in some very old code!  The access statement
was long ago removed from the language (around 1.3 or 1.4 I think).  I doubt
anyone's actively maintaining the MESS anymore.  You're probably going to
have to hack the code to eliminate the above calls if you want it to
compile.

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...