__rcall__???

David C. Ullrich ullrich at math.okstate.edu
Wed Dec 22 13:27:26 EST 1999

Robert Kern wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 11:31:34 -0600, "David C. Ullrich"
> <ullrich at math.okstate.edu> wrote:
> [...]
> >    Does it? I must be a version behind again or something, "Emulating numeric
> >types" is 3.3.5 here. Before I spend time trying to catch up: Are you saying
> >that
> >the current 3.3.6 tells the full story, including the answer to the question I
> >asked about the _history_, when __rpow__ was introduced?
>
> No.  Try looking in the ChangeLog and HISTORY files in the source
> distribution for the history.  And, FWIW, you are a version behind on
> the documentation.

    Thanks. I thought I had the same version at home and at the office.
They both claim to be 1.5.2 (in the docs and the interpreter as well).
But section 3.3.5 here at the office is the same as section 3.3.6 at
home - at least they look the same on first glance.

> ["I can't get ternary pow to work"/'Works for me:" snipped]

    Thanks. Something is very strange here... Let's see, dll this,
Delphi component that... OH:

    If you say "from math import *" first you'll find that
pow(2,2,2) doesn't work anymore, for reasons I imagine
you can figure out. I was testing all this from a shortcut
with command line

D:\PYTHON\Python.exe -i startmath.py

You can guess what the first line of startmath.py is.

Sorry. Thanks. Duh.

DU