Converting a Shell Script to run under Python

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at vex.net
Tue Dec 7 13:47:49 EST 1999

Magnus L. Hetland <mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no> wrote:
> How strange... I can't seem to find any intelligent command for this.
> Hm. You could of course read it all in and then write it out again, as
> in

> open("file3","w").write(open("file1").read())

> though that is probably not a good idea. I guess I would rather do

Why don't you find this a good idea?  It's pretty much a Python paradigm
as far as I'm concerned.  I suppose a module with this in it would make
it easier to read but I don't know that I care for the extra work and
overhead.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at vex.net>           |  Democracy is three wolves
http://www.vex.net/                        |  and a sheep voting on