Xitami CGI scripts & shebang (was RE: How do I make a Python .bat executable file?)

Alex Martelli Alex.Martelli at think3.com
Mon Dec 27 10:23:45 EST 1999

Gordon McMillan writes:

> shebang does nothing on WIndows.

...except (just a nit, but...) if you're using Xitami, a little,
wonderful HTTP server (which I'm currently using to test
my Python CGI scripts), in which case shebang is
absolutely crucial (each Python script you're using as
a CGI script must start with "#!d:/python/pythonw.exe -u",
or wherever else it is that you've stashed pythonw.exe).

Beats registry hacking, & other ways to 'register' kinds
of CGI scripts, IMHO (at least for such simple tests).

Alex