500 Internal ... not the same of Dan

mk_999 at my-deja.com mk_999 at my-deja.com
Tue Dec 7 08:51:04 EST 1999

Well, I'm a newbie of Python
and reading always this message is frustrating, because there is no
error in my code (I suppose).

I wrote a little code to upload files and register data on a database
(Oracle 8.0.4) using DCOracle. (plus Apache Web Server on Linux)

Sometimes doing this operation it shows me that message (INTERNAL SERVER
ERROR), but it works!!!!! if I control in the destination directory the
file is uploaded and in the database a new record is regularly
registered.

Refreshing the page, sometimes it shows the correct page, others not,
but it always add new records.

I used traceback (not so usefull in this case), and verified syntax on
command line (it seems all right).

I would be glad if someone showed me which way I can follow to solve
this problem.

There could be something wrong about the SQL, but why does it execute
the code anyway?!?

Here there is the function used to connect

def db_update(product, title, author, descr, path):
	try:
		dbc=DCOracle.Connect("***/***@***")
		if dbc:
			cur=dbc.cursor()  #get cursor
			if cur:
				stm = "INSERT INTO dev.procedure VALUES ( '%s', '%s', '%s', '%s',
TO_DATE(sysdate,'DD-MM-RRRR') ,'%s')" % (prodotto, title, author, descr,
path)
				#print stm
				cur.execute(stm)
			else: