configuring 1.5.2c1 on Mac for Tkinter ?

Allen W. Ingling ingling at ctrvax.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Dec 27 18:05:32 EST 1999

Hello,

 I'm new to Python.  I've just installed the Macintosh self-installing
python distribution version 1.5.2c1.  Apparenlty, it  is not
pre-configured for Tkinter.  If I import Tkinter, I get an error, "No
Module Named Tkinter".

 So what must I do to import Tkinter ?  Is it just a matter of adding
directories  to the Python path ?  If so, which directories
directories are needed for Tkinter ?

  I think the 1.5.2c1 installer claimed that it would install Tkinter,
so I suspect it's all here but the paths are just not setup properly.

  Thanks.

   Allen Ingling
   Allen.W.Ingling at vanderbilt..edu