FORTRAN (was Re: indentation)

Mark Jackson mjackson at wc.eso.mc.xerox.com
Wed Dec 8 23:27:44 EST 1999

Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> writes:
> On 8 Dec 1999 21:41:36 GMT, aahz at netcom.com (Aahz Maruch) declaimed the
> following in comp.lang.python:
>
> > Hmmm...  I wonder who the youngest person in this group is who has
> > actually used FORTRAN on the job.  I'm 32; I did the work twelve years
> > ago.
>
> 	I'm feeling archaic... I'm 42 (or close-enough not to worry)...
> I'm STILL using FORTRAN at work... Have been since 1981 (anything older
> was college course-work).

Feel young again:  I'm 51 and am still working with Fortran.

We have legacy code written, and "legacy" xerographic physicists most
comfortable, in the language.  But for some of them (I include myself)
Python has provided an accessible, even relatively non-threatening,
path to OO.

	It doesn't matter that I'm a crab!  I'm an Internet visionary!
				- Hawthorne (Jim Toomey)