updates to 'asyncore' and 'asynchat'

Jeff jam at quark.emich.edu
Thu Dec 16 07:05:56 EST 1999

greetings,

I recently upgraded one of my machines to RH 6.1, and discovered that the
version of (at least) asyncore.py shipped is (quite) out of date.
specifically, the 'log_info' method does not exist, but there are several
other changes as well. at the least these changes are utilized by the
1999-09-02 distribution of medusa, which is why I noticed.

I'm not certain if this is an issue with the python distribution as shipped
by redhat, or if something may need to be updated in the main python core
itself.

does anyone have suggestions regarding how to get this issue resolved
properly? I've solved it locally by simply copying the 'asyncore.py' module
from medusa, but this may not be obvious to new medusa and/or python users.

regards,