some random reflections of a "Python newbie": (1) books, and free sites

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Dec 9 10:48:55 EST 1999

In article <82o0to$6eq$1 at serv1.iunet.it>,
Alex Martelli <alex at magenta.com> wrote:
			.
>2. there appear to be no providers of free webspace
>    that will let one put Python scripts behind the pages,
>    while, if one wants to use Perl instead, some can
>    be found -- and I find this to be a real pity.
			.
			.
			.
How free?  Like Geocities?  On an individual basis, if you
personally just want to put up a few examples that showcase
Python, I'm sure one of us would contribute space on one of
our business machines.  You can join PSA for $50 a year, and
have space on Starship (is that the current arrangement?
Have I *still* not renewed my membership?!?).  If you have
a favorite local Users Group or Freenet, point them our way,
and perhaps we can help them see how much they want to make
Python available on their servers.
--

Cameron Laird           http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html
claird at NeoSoft.com      +1 281 996 8546 FAX