Error confusing a newbie

Wayne Topa wtopa at dmcom.net
Fri Dec 10 21:21:28 EST 1999

	Subject: Re: Error confusing a newbie
	Date: Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 06:14:18PM +0100

Quoting M.-A. Lemburg(mal at lemburg.com):

>| Your shell is obviously trying to execute the script as-is
>| instead of calling Python to do the job. One possible explanation
>| for this is that there is no /usr/bin/env command installed
>| on your machine (could be in /bin though).
>|
>| Note that 'import' is a tool to capture screen content and
>| write it to a file.
>|
>| > Here is the script
>| > ---------------------------------------------
>| > #!/usr/bin/env python
>| >
>| > import string,sys
>| > from DateTime import *
>|
>| Hope that helps,

No, I don't think taht is it.  I have converted other p__l scripts
using the same "#!/usr/bin/env python" and they all work as expected.
That is why I think is has something to do with DateTime, but I camn't
think of what it could be?

VT2 root-Deb-Slink:~# /usr/bin/env python
Python 1.5.2 (#0, Jul 16 1999, 19:48:11)  [GCC egcs-2.91.60 Debian 2.1
(egcs-1.1.1 release)] on linux2

Thanks fot the tip tho.

Wayne
--
"... one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of