browser interface?

Bob Horvath bob at horvath.com
Tue Dec 7 09:53:12 EST 1999

Patrick Phalen wrote:

> [55555, on Sun, 05 Dec 1999]
> :: Not having a formal CS background, I have no real idea about how to pass
> :: information between programs, and I don't have time to teach myself any GUI
> :: toolkits.  I thought using a browser as an interface would be an easy
> :: compromise.  So my question is should I use the cgi module to do that or is
> :: there a better way?  Also, if I'm using cgi, is there a way to not reload my
> :: script every time a button is clicked?  Thanks in advance.
>
> Sounds like Zope might be a fit.
>
> http://www.zope.org

The Zope learning curve might be a bit much.  It depends on what he wants to do.
I am very intersted in Zope, have it loaded on my machine, but have not been able
to get off the ground with it.  I am anxiously awaiting the O'Reilly book.  If
anyone has any good pointers to where to start with Zope, I'ld love to hear about
them.

My answer to the original post would have been that cgu is probably what you want
to look at, but Zope should be considered too.