CgiHttpServer workalike for Win/NT and Win/98?

Alex Martelli Alex.Martelli at think3.com
Tue Dec 14 07:41:25 EST 1999

To test some CGI scripts with minimal hassle, I would like to
be able to run CgiHttpServer.py, or something similar to it,
on some Windows/NT and Windows/98 PCs.  Unfortunately
for this purpose, it seems that CgiHttpServer.py itself is oriented
to Unix (e.g., it wants to fork to run the script).

I guess I could try to hack it (particularly because I'm really
only interested, at this time, in testing CGI scripts which are
themselves written in Python), but I thought it might be wiser
to ask around first -- likely somebody's already done this
kind of thing and has a .py which I could download from
somewhere...?

(Worst case, I guess I can download PWS or thereabouts,
but I liked the idea of a simple, minimal server in Python,
easy to tweak and keep fully under control...:-).

TIA,

Alex