DB-API-oriented example scripts?

Ionel Simionescu ionel at psy.uva.nl
Sat Dec 11 15:16:07 EST 1999

| In article <199912100620.AAA22933 at dolphin.mojam.com>,
|   skip at mojam.com (Skip Montanaro) wrote:
| >
| > Are there any good examples of how to use this API available?  I saw a
| > reference to a Linux Journal article on the db sig's page which I
| > will take a look at.  I saw nothing that looked like pointers to example
code
| > in the Vaults of Parnassus.
| >
| > Any suggestions?

Extensive examples of using the Python DB API for SQL databases come with
Gadfly (Aaron Watters (Chordate Systems)).

One can get started reading the page at:
http://www.chordate.com/kwParsing/gadfly.html

For more insight one might download Gadfly and inspect the demo/testing
files.

I personally found the examples quite clear and useful. I guess that nobody
documented the DB API more extensively because the Python layer is such a
thin wrapper over SQL.

ionel