ANN: grassi python 3.0

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Dec 8 11:07:50 EST 1999

Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:
> I fail to see why try/except would be thought insufficient in this case.  If
> someone is terminally lazy <wink>, they might consider importing this module
> (call it, say, fatalsToBrowser.py):

dan's problem was that if the script that attempts to
import the module contains a syntax error, python
prints a SyntaxError message to stderr and dies:

import fatalsToBrowser
imprt spellchcker

the obvious solution is of course to run (or compile) the
scripts before uploading them to the server, but dan didn't
accept that...

(on the other hand, you can always add something like this
to sitecustomize, to make sure you get HTML formatted error
messages for all Python programs...)

</F>