Python on NT systems (help a Unix guy, please)

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolmt at smart.net.au
Fri Dec 17 19:37:57 EST 1999

I recently protyped a program in Python that is destined to run on a Windows
NT box. As usual, the Python version runs well enough that I have no real wish
to rewrite it in C. So all that remains is to convince the owner of the NT box
to install Python on his machine.

The problem: disk space is a little tight on the target machine. Since I don't
have any Windows machines at home at the moment, could somebody please let me
know (just roughly) the disk space requirements for Python on NT? (private
email is ok if you don't want to spam the list).

Just for comparison purposes, a reasonably standard Python install on my Linux
box (the only additional thing is the LLNL Numeric package) takes up just
under 24MB, the requirements for tkinter is another 5.5MB with wxPython
(source code and all) being 18MB (plus whatever wxWindows requires).

Thanks in advance,
Malcolm Tredinnick

--
Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?