Declaring COM-interfaces in Python?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Dec 14 08:10:40 EST 1999

[posted and mailed]
Richard Smol wrote in message <38562ebd.0 at pandora.research.kpn.com>...
>Hi there,
>
>Is it possible to declare COM-interfaces in Python? I need to build
>a COM-server that implements several interfaces.
>
>If that is not possible, what ways are there to implement
>interfaces in Python?

If you want to implement new vtable based interfaces, Im afraid you have to
create a new extension module in C++.  The good news is that there is a tool
that does a good job of generating C++ code from an interface's .h file (as
long as the .h was generated from the .idl)  Mail me if you want to do
this...

There is some work underway on a way to handle this on the fly, but its
still early days for that...

Mark.