Using wxPython in COM server

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Dec 1 09:05:19 EST 1999

Nikolai Kirsebom wrote in message <3844dc35.143149908 at news.mch.sni.de>...

>I manage to get the dialog presented, but at the same time I get an
>application error in winword.exe (The instruction at "0x...."
>referenced memory at "0x0000000".  The memory could not be "read".)
>
>When I select OK in the application error message box, my dialog is
>completely painted (static text and buttons), and I get e new message
>box from the runtime library of Microsoft Visual C++ (Runtime error!
>Program: C:\Program.....\Winword.exe abnormal program termination).

Almost certainly a thread-state issue.  wxPython probably doesnt release and
acquire the Python thread-lock as it crosses the boundary from Python to C
and back.  This is almost always the end result of that support missing.  Im
afraid I can personally offer no additional advice - you need to speak to
the wxPython guys and get thread support :-)

Mark.