Exposing COM via XML-RPC or Something Else

Edward Muller edwardam at home.com
Wed Dec 1 21:51:23 EST 1999

Like I said in my original posting, what I am BASICALLY looking to do is
expose COM object across the net via X (where X is some API/system that is
cross platform & cross language). The original idea came up as a way to get
my email from any system by writing a python program that would interact with
the MAPI.Session COM object, expose the COM object (or something) and then on
the client side I could write a program using the exposed (over the network)
COM object.....So basically I could get my Exchange Email/Calendar/Task List
on my Linux Box or one of our Solaris boxes, or via a Java client in a web
browser, etc. etc. etc.

I've re-read the SOAP docs, and agree that it looks pretty cool, but there is
NO existing Python implimentation and my goal is not to write EVERYTHING from
scratch. I do not claim to be a great programmer and my time is limited.

If this topic (Exposing COM via some mechanizm for use acrosss a network)
please email me.