500 Internal ... not the same of Dan

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath rvprasad at ksu.edu
Sun Dec 12 13:07:57 EST 1999

Hi,

Thought this may narrow down the options in which you think there may be
errors.  Internal server Error is an error from the HTTP Server serving
the client.  It may occur when the cgi script did not respond as
required(format I mean) or the cgi script failed to execute.  These are
few cases where, when I worked with cgi scripts, I got INTERNAL SERVER
ERROR.  So, you may wanna test the script doesnot fail under any
condition.

Since, you say the script runs, it may be the case that it fails for
certain cases.  Failure being not executing to completion or the
response which it generates not being compliant with the response CGI
scripts should be.

I presume the printing out to the stdout suitable CGI response
(Content/type: ...  blah blah)

 - Venkatesh