Suitability of Python for a Big Application?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 13 14:34:03 EST 1999

Martijn Faassen <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> wrote:
> Boudewijn Rempt <boud at rempt.xs4all.nl> wrote:

>> I do find Zope a bit slow - even when I browse a Zope database on a
>> machine on my local network.

> I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this; Zope by itself isn't slow. I've
> heard both good and bad performance reports about Zope, but with tuning it
> can certainly be fast enough to handle even the slashdotting of a site.

> [snip rest]

Well, what I meant is that 'standard' interface, with the stuff
at the left side gives the impression of an interface that's as
responsive as, say, Explorer, or Kfm - and since most clicks seem
to load a chunk of html, that's not the case. It's more a matter
of not matching with the expectations generated by the interface.

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://denden.conlang.org