Tcl/Tk 8.2

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Dec 19 12:40:50 EST 1999

Steve Simonet (Omni) <ssimonet at omnitechconsulting.com> wrote:
> Python 1.5.2 on Windows does not appear to work out of the box with
> Tcl/Tk 8.2, even after modifying TkFix.py to look for 82 rather than
> 80.  Can this be overcome?

iirc, you have to rebuild the tk library (it's linked
against the Tk and Tcl DLL's), and probably also tweak
the initialization code (before you rebuild...).

fwiw, we went back to 8.0.5 after a while; 8.2 was
simply not stable enough for production use (pro-
bably some problem in tkinter, but we never figured
out what it was).

</F>

<!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the standard python library:
-->