C++ (was RE: Python suitability)

Brett g Porter BgPorter at NOacmSPAM.org
Wed Dec 15 09:19:09 EST 1999

"Alex Martelli" <Alex.Martelli at think3.com> wrote in message
news:6D8A17398E28D3119F860090274DD7DB4B3D43 at pces.cadlab.it...
> Grant writes:
>
> I'm not surprised that a Python enthusiast may not appreciate
> C++'s basic underlying philosophy, since it's so close in many
> surprising respects to Perl's -- reading Larry Wall's musings on
> his language, and Stroustrup's on his own, side by side, can
> be very enlightening in this respect, more than the huge surface
> differences between Perl and C++ might lead one to expect.

Alex --
could you give a quick followup to this paragraph? If the LW 'musings' are
available online, URLs would be fine -- I've got the important Stroustrup
stuff here. Just having difficulty picturing the philosophical common ground
between these 2 languages.

Thx.
BgP