Jpython woes, please help

Kevin Howe khowe at performance-net.com
Tue Dec 21 15:02:11 EST 1999

I recently downloaded Sun's JDK122 and JPython11B4 and things work well
until I try to compile into Java .class or .jar files.

After compiling the HelloWorld.py demo script into a class using the
following:
    jpythonc --core HelloWorld.py

I get this error when run:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/python/core/PyObject

When I compile to a jar file like so:
    jpythonc --core --jar HelloWorld.jar HelloWorld.py

All is well until it starts "Tracking Java Dependencies", where it produces:
    Atribute Error: java package 'org.python.modules' has no attibute
'__path__'

Can anyone enlighten me as to what's happenning here?

Much Thanks,
kh