LISTS: Extract every other element - SUMMARY

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Sun Dec 19 16:21:38 EST 1999

Mike Fletcher wrote:

> Was a problem with my testing methodology (profile).  Apparently profile
> adds an extra penalty for each function call :( .  Revised testing framework
> is below, along with results (that do, indeed, show a significant speedup
> for algo7).  Sorry about that. Guess I'll have to stop trusting profile for
> my profiling needs :( .
>
> Revised testing algo:

[fine so far, but...]

> DATA LENGTH 1000000
> <function forMult at 810c30> 1.0831
> <function forDiv at 810c60> 1.2168
> <function numReshape at 810c90> 0.4660
> <function numSlicing at 8106f0> 0.4605
> <function chrisGiven at 8107a0> 0.6465
> <function chrisInline at 8107d0> 0.5405

There is something wrong.
This single call cannot cost this much.

Can you please give me your current test set?
I got the test 1..4 files from your postings,
and at least test2() and test4() are wrong
since they do not give plain lists back.

ciao - chris

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net