__rcall__???

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sun Dec 19 22:12:11 EST 1999

[David C. Ullrich]
>     So why isn't there a magic __rcall__, that would go with
> __call__ like the other __rop__'s go with __op__?
>
>     It seems useful to me to allow x to alter the way f behaves
> when you call f(x); ...

Probably for the same reason there's no __rgetitem__ for the benefit of the
millions of programmers who want

    x[i]

to use x as an index into sequence i <wink>.  That is, AFAIK nobody ever
asked for it before, and it's not screamingly natural (you're not really
*surprised* at the lack of __rcall__, right?).

better-hope-for-santa-to-do-it-cuz-i-doubt-guido-will-ly y'rs  - tim