Python/Python Windows/PostgreSQL/ODBC

Timothy Grant tjg at avalongroup.net
Mon Dec 20 17:58:06 EST 1999

Hi

The subject says it all.

Got a project that involves Python:

I currently run Python under Linux and connect to a PostgreSQL database
with no problems using PyGreSQL.

I now need to access the very same database from a Windows 98 box. This
is my first stop down this road, so any guidance would be greatly
appreciated.

Do I rely on ODBC, or are there better methods of access available?

If I rely on ODBC, are there any "Gotchas" I gotta watch out for?

Thanks.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                     tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Chief Technology Officer          www.exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer           office (503) 246-3630
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.           fax (503) 246-3124